Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Toledo, Ohio
There’s nothing you might encounter while driving that is more frightening than a tractor-trailer speeding out of control. Suddenly, the trailer swings wide or the rig tips, elevating one side and riding on a single set of tires, and all you can do is brace for impact. If you or a loved one has lived through such a scenario, Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC is ready and able to help.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a tractor-trailer accident, call or contact the Toledo, Ohio, law offices of Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC.
Our attorneys have experience litigating various types of truck accident cases. Our qualified and concerned trial lawyers are ready to represent clients in cases involving:
- Jackknifes — These incredibly destructive accidents occur when a driver brakes suddenly and the trailer, traveling faster than the tractor pulling it, swings to one side. A trailer can block two or more lanes of traffic, wiping out the vehicles in its path.
- Rollovers — On tight turns at high speeds, a trailer can tip over, taking the tractor with it. The trailer can fall onto vehicles and crush them, and cause further destruction when its cargo bursts forth onto the highway.
- Underride — Since tractor-trailers are mounted very high on their chassis, passenger vehicles can actually get trapped under the trailer when the rig makes an abrupt lane change or jackknifes. Motorists and their passengers risk gruesome injuries, including decapitation
- Explosions — Tractor-trailers carrying combustible or flammable materials can burst into flame following high-impact collisions.
- Hazmat spills — Semi trucks carrying hazardous materials can experience a breach of the cargo area. This can cause harm to anyone exposed to toxic substances.
Big rigs are potentially very destructive. A serious trucking accident often leads to claims for catastrophic injuries, including paralysis, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death. Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC provides professional and highly personal service throughout the legal process.
Trial Lawyers Since 1973
For a Free Consultation, contact us online
Get experienced legal representation for your tractor-trailer accident claim. Call our Toledo, Ohio, law offices or contact us online for a free consultation. Our personal injury attorneys handle commercial truck accidents on a contingent fee basis — you pay no attorney fees unless we obtain a verdict or settlement in your case.