Best Truck Accident Attorney Toledo
Tractor trailer collisions are a major problem in Ohio and throughout the country. Indeed, according to data provided by the Department of Transportation (DoT), more than 4,000 Americans are killed in commercial truck crashes each year. Tens of thousands more sustain debilitating, even life-changing, injuries. Truck accident victims deserve fair compensation for their damages. Unfortunately, the truck company’s insurers rarely treat victims fairly. If you have been seriously hurt by a tractor trailer in Ohio, you need the best Toledo truck accident attorneys by your side.
Compensation Available for the Truck Accident Victims
In the state of Ohio, injured truck accident victims have a legal right to recover compensation that is equal to the full value of their losses. Of course, determining the actual value of a victim’s ‘losses’ can be very challenging. Truck companies and their insurers will always try to undervalue your damages. Do not let them get away with it. Our firm can help you seek recovery for any of the following:
- The damage to your car, truck or SUV;
- Medical bills;
- Required medication and medical equipment;
- Expenses associated with rehabilitation or therapy;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity;
- Disfigurement or loss of limb; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Truck Accident Attorneys Will Help You
Toledo truck accident lawsuits come with several unique challenges. The truck industry is a complex and is governed by an intertwined web of state and federal regulations. Further, the truck companies, and their insurers, tend to be very aggressive when defending legal claims. As such, you should absolutely not try to handle a truck accident injury claim on your own. You need professional legal representation to level the playing field against the insurance company. Some of the specific things that our truck accident attorneys will do to help you include:
- Collecting and assembling all evidence related to your case;
- Consulting with accident scene analysis experts to get a clear understanding of the cause of the crash;
- Consulting with doctors and other medical experts to get a clear understanding of your injuries;
- Issuing subpoenas and taking other actions to get evidence from the truck company and to hold them accountable; and
- Negotiating with the insurer to ensure that you get settlement offer equal to the full value of your damages.
Contact Our Office Today
The big trucking companies and their insurers are not looking out for your best interests. If you have been injured in a truck accident in Northern Ohio, you need an experienced attorney by your side throughout the entirety of the claims process. At Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC, our truck accident lawyers have helped countless victims recover full and fair compensation. To find out more about how we can help you, please call our team today at 419-241-5500 to request your free initial consultation.