Injury Lawyers Near Me
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you are not alone. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that Americans collectively make 130 million trips to the emergency room every single year. Many of these emergency room visits occur because of accidents that could have been avoided had proper care been taken. If your injury was caused by the actions of another party, either an individual, business owner or property owner, you can seek fair compensation. To find out what is fair compensation in your case, you cannot rely on the insurance company. Instead, you should contact a nearby personal injury attorney who can give you the real story.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
Our personal injury lawyers have experience handling many different types of accident claims. We dedicate all of our focus, energy and experience to helping our clients recover the full settlement offer that they deserve. Some examples of the cases we handle include:
- Auto accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian injuries;
- Dog bite injuries along with other premises liability claims;
- Nursing home neglect;
- Medical malpractice; and
- Swimming pool and boat accidents.
You Can Hold the Responsible Party Liable
The state of Ohio operates under the comparative negligence standard. With this type of system, a party’s liability for an accident is directly proportional to their responsibility for that accident. To prove negligence, your personal injury lawyers must prove each of the following four things:
- The first element of negligence is the standard of care. This is the duty that is owed by one party to another party in a given situation.
- Once the duty of care has been established, your lawyer will need to prove that the defendant breached the standard. A breach is a deviation from acceptable conduct.
- Third, your lawyer will also need to prove that there is causation between the defendant’s deviation and your injuries.
- Lastly, your lawyer will need to prove the full extent of your damages.
You Deserve Fair Compensation
Under Ohio law, injured victims may hold the at-fault party responsible for the full extent of their damages. If you have been injured, you deserve to make a full and fair recovery. However, in practice, recovering compensation can often be difficult. Our firm has the skills and experience necessary to help victims make a maximum recovery. More specifically, we can help victims recover compensation for their:
- Medical bills;
- Lost earnings, including diminished future earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress or mental anguish;
- Loss of limb; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Contact Our Team Today
The aggressive Toledo personal injury lawyers at Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC have helped many accident victims recover every penny that they rightfully deserve. To speak to an injury attorney near you today, please call our team at 419-241-5500 to request your free, no-obligation case evaluation.