Aggressive Bowling Green Car Accident Attorneys
Part of the Toledo metropolitan area, Bowling Green, OH is the place of hundreds of car accidents every year. If you have been in a crash in Bowling Green, our team at the offices of Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC is ready to represent you during the claims process.
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
The steps that you take following your car accident may have a significant effect on the amount of money that you are able to recover. It is important that you act quickly to not only preserve your right to file your claim (the statute of limitations in Ohio is two years), but also to improve your chances of acquiring your full compensation amount.
- Report the car accident to the police. You must report your car accident to the police. Give a detailed account of what happened, but do not assign any fault. Ask the officer for a copy for the police report for your record. You should also take steps to gather evidence at the scene of the accident, such as recording witnesses’ information, taking pictures, and writing down the other driver’s information.
- Talk to a doctor. If you have been injured in a crash, make sure that you talk to a doctor about your injuries as soon as possible, preferably immediately following the accident. If you do not seek treatment, you will have a hard time convincing the insurance company that your injuries are valid.
- File a claim. It is important that you file a claim with the insurance company within the specified guidelines. Most insurance companies require that you report an accident in a time frame that is “reasonable.”
What Is My Claim Worth?
How much a claim is worth depends on the specifics of each accident and the damages sustained. By working with an experienced Bowling Green, OH car accident and injury lawyer, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Economic losses. Economic losses are actual economic losses that are associated with your accident. For example, the cost of your medical expenses, the cost to replace or repair your vehicle, any future medical expense, and the value of your lost wages are all economic losses.
- Noneconomic losses. This type of compensation refers to money for losses that are intangible, such as your loss of enjoyment of life, permanent disability or impairment, physical pain you have suffered, emotional anguish experienced, and any other immeasurable losses.
Improve Your Chances of Recovering Your Full Settlement Amount
When you try to file a claim to recover the money you are owed after a car accident in Bowling Green on your own, you run the risk of being offered a lower settlement amount that you really deserve. The best thing that you can do to improve your chances of recovering your full settlement amount is to work with an experienced Bowling Green, OH car accident attorney, like the lawyers at the law office of Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC. You can reach us today for a free case consultation by calling our offices directly.