Accident Attorney Near Me
Car accidents affect many families throughout Ohio every year. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, 1,029 people were killed on Ohio roadways in the year 2015 alone, and many thousands more suffered life-altering injuries. While these numbers are bad enough, there is also evidence that accidents continue to rise. If you were one of the unlucky ones injured in an Ohio crash, please do not try to go through the claims process alone. You should contact a car accident attorney near you today.
What to Do After an Car Accident
- Step 1: Stay at the scene and report the crash– Under Ohio law, drivers involved in a car accident must immediately stop their vehicle and then stay at the scene of the crash until highway authorities arrive.
- Step 2: Seek necessary medical attention- Certainly, if you require emergency medical attention, going to the hospital comes before anything else. Though, it is also important that you visit a doctor even if your injury does not require emergency attention. Many car accident injuries come with a delayed onset, so it is better to be safe rather than sorry. Additionally, you will not be able to bring a successful car accident injury claim unless you have supporting medical documentation.
- Step 3: Document the crash- After a crash, please be sure to take accident pictures. This includes photos of your injuries, your vehicle damage, the accident scene and even the weather. You never know which photos will be the key to your claim, so more pictures are always better.
- Step 4: Consult with an attorney- Finally, if you were injured in a crash, you should work with a qualified attorney. Many victims miss out on full and fair compensation because they try to navigate their case on their own.
Compensation Available for Car Accident Victims
The guiding principle behind Ohio’s accident compensation law is simple: Victims deserve recovery for the full value of their losses. Sadly, the big insurance companies never make things easy on victims. Our firm is ready to help hold the insurance companies accountable. We can help you seek recovery for any of the following:
- All medical expenses, including those related to rehabilitation;
- Long-term disability;
- Lost wages and loss of ability to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish;
- Disfigurement; and
- Loss of lifestyle enjoyment.
Contact Our Team Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Toledo accident, you need to take immediate action. Please call the experienced accident lawyers at Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC today to set up a free review of your claim. Our firm proudly protects the rights of victims throughout Northern Ohio, including in Toledo, Oregon, Maumee and Northwood.