What to bring to your Auto Accident Consultation
Being involved in an automobile accident is never a fun thing. Even less fun is dealing with the insurance companies after the accident, especially if you have been injured in the accident. You may find that the insurance company does not believe that you were injured in the accident or thinks that you are exaggerating your injuries. You may also find that the insurance company is not willing to offer you fair compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, etc. Often times, you will find that you need the services of an experienced personal injury attorney to get you the fair compensation that you deserve.
If you do find yourself needing an attorney, there are a few things that you can bring along with you to your initial consultation that will prove helpful to your attorney in properly evaluating and explaining your case to you. These include:
1. A copy of the accident report prepared by the investigating police officer;
2. A copy of your automobile insurance policy and declarations page;
3. A copy of your driver’s license;
4. A copy of any medical records you may have, including any discharge notes/instructions from the emergency room;
5. A list of all doctors/facilities that you have treated with for the injuries that you sustained in the accident;
6. A copy of any correspondence that you have received from the other party’s insurance company and/or your own insurance company;
7. A copy of any medical bills that you have received;
8. A copy of your health insurance card and any Estimate of Benefits (EOBs) that you have received from your health insurance company;
9. Digital or printed copies of any photographs that you have depicting the damage to the automobiles and/or your injuries;
10.The names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident known by you.
By having these things available during your initial consultation, it will make your meeting much more productive and fulfilling. It will also allow your attorney to be more productive in beginning to investigate and pursue your claim on your behalf.
Even if you cannot have all of these things available at the initial consultation, these are all things that your attorney will eventually need to properly pursue your auto accident claim, and it is a good idea to begin gathering as much of the information as possible as soon as you can.
If you find yourself in need of a personal injury attorney for an automobile accident, motorcycle accident, or semi/tractor-trailer accident, the experienced attorneys of Lafferty, Gallagher & Scott, LLC would be more than happy to schedule a free initial consultation with you to discuss your options. Feel free to contact us by telephone Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at 419-241-5500 or toll free at 1-800-637-1549. You may also reach us 24 hours a day/seven days a week by email at the “Contact Us” link found on our website, www.lgslaw.net. We look forward to speaking with you.