116 W. William Street Maumee, Ohio 43537
Free Consultation

Blog Post

At fault driver is a minor driving hers friends car how do I collect ?

by onJuly 21, 2014

The primary insurance for the accident should be the insurance that covered the vehicle. So you should contact the owner of the vehicle and tell him to provide you with the insurance information so you can make a claim. The driver’s insurance should also provide excess coverage, so you should contact the driver and/or driver’s parents for their insurance information.
If the only damage was damage to your car, you should process the damage claim through your own insurance company, and let them deal with trying to recover the damage from the other insurance company(ies). If you also sustained personal injuries, medical bills, lost wages, etc., and are unable to obtain the other parties’ insurance information, you will need to file a lawsuit against the driver and the owner in order to obtain a recovery.



Feel Free To Ask a Question - LGS