116 W. William Street Maumee, Ohio 43537
Free Consultation

Blog Post

Do I have a malpractice case?

by onJune 24, 2013

Technically, only a doctor can confirm whether or not malpractice has occurred and if that malpractice caused injury to your husband. But, from a legal standpoint, I would believe that it is a case worth looking into. Sometimes a perforation is a risk of the procedure, other times it is not. It would be wise for you to consult with an experienced lawyer who handles medical malpractice so that they may review the medical records and possibly obtain an expert review by a doctor.
Do not delay. You have a limited amount of time to investigate and pursue a medical malpractice claim in Ohio. Under Ohio law, you have one year from the date of the malpractice, the date the malpractice was discovered, or the last date of treatment with the negligent doctor, whichever is later. If you fail to extend the one year period or file a lawsuit within the one year period, the claim is forever barred and you will receive no compensation even if you have a valid claim. Go speak with a medical malpractice lawyer immediately.
Best of luck.



Feel Free To Ask a Question - LGS